Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We Have Done It!!!

Finally, we settled Mama's estate today.  I had no idea it would take so long, and this is with absolutely no contention between us.  The attorney is used to siblings fighting over money and arguing with each other over every dime.  I guess it helps if there is no money, and all that has to be decided is how much we each owed to settle Mom's bills.  Of course it should have included our other brother, but since he hasn't held a job in years, good luck with that.  LOL  So, Paul and I paid things off, and that is that.  I do need to go back and sign checks once they have them all prepared, but that won't take very long.  At long last.  Now I can get this off my mind...  Mama would be happy.

Tonight is the finish of The Voice.  I am looking forward to seeing if my guy wins.  I think he has a good chance, but who knows how people will vote.  I should work tonight, but will probably get up early tomorrow and have at it.

Joannie

No comments:

Post a Comment